what can we do for you?
We are here to inspire and support the visually impaired community through practical, inclusive and welcoming activities and resources.
Whether you’re after a regular activity with like-minded people, some information on how to make life easier, access to technology or visual aids, or help getting to and from an appointment, Sight Support Worthing has something to offer.
Membership and additional benefits are available to Worthing residents, but anyone can access our activities or services – no matter their post code!
we offer a range of support and services from our centre in Worthing:
● Our tech centre – providing devices to demo or loan, discounted software, tech support and troubleshooting
● Information on services that can provide assistance
● For our Worthing Members we offer transport – to our activities or for appointments elsewhere
● Regular activities which can range from exercise classes, crafting or shopping trips
● Group trips to places of interest
● A friendly pair of ears ready to provide support and advice
Sight Support Worthing is made up of a friendly team based at the Centre and our governing board of trustees – some of whom also volunteer for us!
We are also supported by an amazing band of Sight Supporters who do everything from driving our minibus to sorting out our resources.
Our dedicated trustees oversee the aims of Sight Support Worthing., Barry Ward is our Chairman. Alongside him are Cherry Ward, Dee Darters, Frances Jacobs, Neil Clarke, and Dawn O’Donnell. Our President is Worthing Councillor Bob Smytherman
Interested in becoming a trustee? Get in touch to find out more.