We have a wealth of information resources available at Sight Support Worthing, whether you prefer to have a printed version or access it on the internet. Below are links to useful information from a number of sources organised by category. We will be adding more links to useful sites over the coming months.
visual impairment & loss of sight
● The Macular Society – information and support about macular disease
● West Sussex County Council’s Connect to Support service
● Information on library services in West Sussex for the visually impaired
● Prevention Assessment Teams West Sussex – for adults and older people who might not be eligible for other statutory services and who have unmet physical, psychological, social, functional and/or environmental needs.
hobbies and leisure time
● Vista magazine – the official magazine of National Eye Health Week
● Order the RNIB’s Big Print TV & Radio Guide
● British Wireless for the Blind Fund – loaning free-of-charge specially adapted radios for those in need
● Sussex Coast Talking News – free talking newspaper
● Save on train travel with a Disabled Persons’ Railcard
● AccessAble – search for accessible places to go (formerly known as DisabledGo)
● Brighton & Hove Buses’ Helping Hand scheme – providing assistance discreetly when needed during bus travel
We are always on the look out for useful links and resources to share with our members. If you have a suggestion that we can add here, please do let us know.