SIGHT SUPPORT WORTHING
Sight Support Worthing, formerly known as Worthing Society for the Blind, has been supporting the sight impaired community of Worthing since 1910.
With its headquarters within walking distance of the town centre, and open Monday-Friday between 9:30 and 4:00pm.
Sight Support Worthing offers the following:-
- Free membership.
- Modern fully accessible centre.
- Organised programme of regular daytime activities.
- Special events throughout the year.
- Trips arranged to local cafes, places of interest and further afield.
- Transport for members.
- Support, resources and signposting.
- Opportunities for peer support and socialising.
If you live within the Borough of Worthing and have a recognisable eye condition that can’t be corrected by an operation or by wearing glasses, then please contact us by phone or online to find out more details about joining.
Although aimed at those who have been diagnosed as being sight impaired or severely sight impaired, Sight Support Worthing can also be of great assistance to those suffering from poor eyesight and sight loss or any registerable eye condition which cannot be successfully corrected, as well as those who are registered as blind.
As eyesight declines, Sight Support Worthing encourages people to keep their independence through technology, advice, support and opportunities for social inclusion.
A SHORT VIDEO OF WHAT SIGHT SUPPORT WORTHING IS ALL ABOUT
THE CENTRE ALSO BENEFITS FROM:
- A large conservatory for activities and events.
- A lounge area with comfortable chairs.
- A multi-function room for games and events
- Good display of resources to aid sight impaired people
- Sunny terrace with outdoor seating.
- A library and information area.
- A well-stocked technology room.
- Access for wheelchairs.
- Braille signage throughout.
- Disabled toilets.
- Limited off-street parking.
SIGHT SUPPORT WORTHING OFFERS:
- Free membership
- Opportunities to socialise
- A full annual programme of organised events
- Daytime activities
- Day trips, morning and afternoon trips
- Support and signposting
Most importantly Sight Support Worthing reduces social isolation for those with sight impairment by providing transport to organised social events, by creating opportunities for social interaction, friendship building and reassurance. The longstanding and experienced team of staff are also able to provide support, advice and sign-posting to other linked services where needed, and access to other professionals such as ROVI’s (Rehabilitation Officers for the Vision Impaired).
Don’t delay, come and visit us today!
It’s free to become a member, just contact us, give us a call or register here online.